About this Product
Sta-Kool® 770 Elastomeric White Roof Coating is a quality flexible, white acrylic latex roof coating. It expands and contracts with the roof’s movement to resist damage. The coating provides a protective barrier which reflects the sun’s heat and destructive UV rays. This helps roof surfaces stay cooler and leads to less interior heat gain, keeping interior spaces more comfortable.
- HIGH QUALITY flexible, white acrylic roof coating
- 85% REFLECTIVE FINISH keeps roof cool and lowers energy costs
- EASY TO APPLY using a roller to uniformly coat the surface
- PROTECTS underlying surfaces by resisting cracking and peeling
- EXPANDS AND CONTRACTS up to 250x with the roofs movement to resist damage
- Pressure washing entire surface is recommended for best results (use only a wide fan spray tip).
- All surfaces must be dry and free of dust, dirt, oil, loose granules, gravel, peeling paint and all other foreign matter.
- Roofs must have proper ventilation. Roofs must have proper drainage and not hold “ponding water”.
- Rusty metal must be cleaned with a wire brush and primed with a metal primer/sealer before application of this product.
- Repair all leaks and cracks with STA-KOOL® White Roof Patch and Universal Patching Fabric in accordance with product instructions.
- Surfaces previously coated with aluminum, asphalt or tar should be allowed to cure for a minimum of one summer season prior to coating with this product.
- Surfaces with mildew growth or stains must be cleaned with a bleach solution (two parts water to one part bleach).
- Be certain all surfaces are thoroughly rinsed and dry prior to applying coating.
- Do Not Thin.
- Surface and air temperatures must be a minimum of 50° F and rising.
- DO NOT apply if heavy dew or rain is expected within 24 - 48 hours.
- Apply on clear, sunny day in morning hours with a professional airless paint sprayer or a 3/4” nap exterior paint roller.
- First, apply one coat over all seams and joints.
- Allow to cure for one hour or until dry, then apply two (2) uniform coats over entire surface, avoiding excessive rolling.
- Two full coats are needed for all applications.
- Apply second coat perpendicular to first coat.
- Allow at least 24 hours between coats and 24 - 48 hours for full curing.
- DO NOT apply to flat surfaces, poor drainage areas, or where ponding water will exist.
Professional Airless Sprayer, 2000-3000 PSI, .030 - .041 Tip Size, 1-3 GPM.
On flat metal 75-100 sq/ft per gal per coat. On traditional surface roofs, 50 - 75 sq/ft. per gal. per coat. All roofs require 2 coats for proper protection.
If roof becomes hot (over 100 °F) during application, lightly mist roof surface with water spray to prevent coating from drying too fast. Remove any excess or puddling water prior to coating. If roof surfaces become soiled as they age, due to the elements, elastomeric can be cleaned with a mild water and bleach solution. Excess scrubbing should be avoided. If coloring is desired, a typical addition of 3 - 4 ounces per gallon of universal colorant can be added, which will result in light pastel colors. Note: Color tinting will disclaim warranty.
Clean tools with soap and water.
For exterior use only. DO NOT allow product to freeze. Protective clothing and eyewear should be used during application of these products. When transporting this product, ensure that lid is tight and pail secure and upright. DO NOT allow pail to tumble as this may cause lid to loosen and leakage to occur. Do not transport on passenger seats or inside the passenger compartment of any vehicle. Store product in the cargo area of vehicle, and secure over protective cloths to prevent damage due to accidental spills. For longest life, store in controlled environment, 35 °F - 80 °F. DO NOT store in direct sunlight. DO NOT store at temperatures above 110 °F. Close container after use. DO NOT reuse empty containers. Do not use on EPDM, TPO, PVC or other rubber/synthetic surfaces.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.