About this Product
Storm Protector is a Semi-Transparent penetrating stain and sealer meant to protect and highlight the natural beauty of the wood grain. With higher solids and pigment levels than other products in the marketing, Storm Protector offers better waterproofing capabilities and UV protections against color fade. The oil resins used in Protector will penetrate further into the wood, providing more protection from Mother Nature.
Storm Protector can be applied to any exterior wood, including Redwood, Cedar, Pine, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Cypress, Mahogany and Pressure Treated lumber.
*Product holds a three-year shelf-life after manufacture date stamped on lid
Detailed SpecificationsStorm Protector is a Semi-Transparent penetrating stain and sealer meant to protect and highlight the natural beauty of the wood grain. Storm Protector penetrates deep into the wood for added protection against Mother Nature. Storm Protector is compatible with any wood species including Redwood, Cedar, Pine, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Cypress, Mahogany, and Pressure Treated.
Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned of all dirt and dust. All prior coatings must be completely removed, prior to applications. Surfaces should be washed with Storm All Surface Cleaner (30210). If Mold and Mildew are present, wash surface with Storm All Surface Mold and Mildew Cleaner (40210). Be sure that any cleaning agents, or chemical strippers are fully washed off or neutralized. Grease, oils and wax should be removed by solvent cleaning to insure proper penetration. For proper penetration and adhesion, Aged/Gray wood must be sanded down to ensure all deal wood fibers are removed. All wood species must have a moisture content of 15% or less.
Prior to application, a test should be performed on the actual species of wood being used before larger areas of wood are finished. Storm Protector comes ready to use as it comes from the container. Stir thoroughly before use. Mix multiple gallons together in a separate container to ensure uniform color. Storm Protector can be applied by brush, roller, pump sprayer or airless sprayer.
DO NOT THIN. Stir product continuously during application, to ensure proper color uniformity.
- Clean tools and equipment with mineral spirits or turpentine. Do not use water on natural bristle or china bristle brushes.
- Redwood, Cedar, Pine, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Cypress, Mahogany, Pressure Treated
- 1 Coat Storm Protector
- Properly Prepared Weathered Wood
- 2 Thin Coats of Storm Protector
- Do not apply this product to gray/aged wood.
- Do not apply this product over previously stained or painted surfaces.
- Appearance will vary with the different varieties of wood.
- Samples should be tested on the actual wood being used before large areas of wood are finished.
- Stir product continuously during application to ensure proper color uniformity.
Use what the Pro's use, Storm Protector, a semi-transparent stain that allows the natural grain and texture of the wood to show through while enhancing its appearance with subtle color. Storm Protector is easy to apply and penetrates deeply into the wood for added protection against Mother Nature.
- Use on decks, fences and siding
- Oil-based stain and sealer all in one
- Transoxide pigmentation
- UV protection
- Compatible with any wood species including Redwood, Cedar, Pine, Mahogany, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Cypress and Pressure Treated
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.