About this Product
- LeadSafe Lead Dust Cleaner is a concentrated environmentally friendly product designed to quickly remove lead dust after lead abatement and RRP related activities.
- Lead dust residues are heavier than everyday dust and are therefore harder to “pick up” with traditional cleaning agents.
- Typical household cleaners either drive lead residues deeper into a surface or simply spread them around as you wipe.
LeadSafe Wipes and Cleaner are ideal for use on any surface where dust from lead-based paint is present:
LeadSafe Wipes and Cleaner are designed for use by: • Abatement Contractors • Painting Contractors • Public Health Inspectors • Environmental Specialists • Home Owners • Building Owners • Apartment Owners
Beginning in April 2010 contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978 must be certified by the EPA and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. To learn more about this program go to: www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovation.htm
Usage InstructionsTo truly clean lead dust you need to first pull the lead away from a substrate and then hold it in suspension so that it can be wiped away. LeadSafe Lead Dust Cleaner utilizes a proprietary formulation of citric acid and chelating agents that do just that. First, the citric acid breaks the surface tension and lifts the heavy lead molecules away from the substrate, then the chelating agents bind with the lead molecules so they remain in suspension and can be easily wiped away.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.