About this Product
Keep only in original container. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container to authorized chemical landfill or if organic to high temperature incineration. Protect from freezing.
- Do not breath vapor spray, Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, and eye protection.
- May be corrosive to metals, causes skin irritation, causes serious eye damage, may cause respiratory irritation. Not to be taken. Keep reach out of children. Read label before use.
If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. If on skin (or hair): take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Absorb spillage to prevent material damage.
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA TO CHECK ACID SENSITIVITY BEFORE FULL APPLICATION.
- If satisfied with test results first sweep or vacuum all loose dust and dirt from the surface.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C). Pre-wet surface with water.
- Start by mixing the below recommended amount of Acidic Cleaner in a standard 2.5 G / 10L bucket 3/4 filled with clean water. Add more Acidic Cleaner if needed.
- For efflorescence, rust mark, and fireplace soot: 1/2-quart bottle (approx. 500mL)
- For grout haze, limescale, and soap scum: 1/4-quart bottle (approx. 250mL)
- For mortar mess: 1-quart bottle (946mL)
- Pour, brush or spray mixed solution generously onto wetted surface and leave for 3 minutes.
- Do not allow solution to dry on surface. Clean large areas in sections.
- Rub with a white nylon scrub pad, or similar, to clean the surface.
- Neutralize the acid by dissolving 1 cup of Alkaline Cleaner (or other pH base/alkaline cleaner) into a bucket of fresh water and pour it over the surface. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes.
- Rinse surface thoroughly several times with clean water using a mop or wet vacuum.
- Note: Acidic Cleaner will still etch acid sensitive materials such as marble, limestone, travertine, and onyx.
Additional Application Insights
- If you are using Acidic Cleaner to prepare a concrete floor before applying a coating it’s a good idea to neutralize any remaining acid. This will ensure that the substrate is stable for the coating to bond. Dissolve a cup of Alkaline Cleaner (or other pH base cleaner) into a bucket of fresh water and pour it over the concrete that was acid etched and let it sit for a minimum of 3 minutes. Then thoroughly flush several times with fresh water to rinse away the solution and any salts that may have formed.
Neutralize the acid by dissolving 1 cup of Alkaline Cleaner (or other pH base/alkaline cleaner) into a bucket of fresh water and pour it over the surface. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes.
- Highly effective for removing common mineral residues including efflorescence, grout haze, rust marks, soap scum, limescale and mortar mess.
- Acidic Cleaner can also be used for removing fireplace soot.
- The power of other traditional acids without the noxious fumes.
- Temporary contact does not burn skin - you have some time to rinse off the Acidic Cleaner (however, rinse immediately after skin contact).
- Almost zero corrosion of metals, except uncoated aluminum.
- MFG SKU 141912
- Acidic Cleaner is the choice for removing mineral residues including, efflorescence, grout haze, rust marks, limescale & mortar mess
- Acidic Cleaner can be used indoors and outdoors and does not produce noxious fumes
- Suitable for commercial & residential use on floors, walls, facades, showers, masonry, brickwork, patios, driveways, garage floors.
- Acidic Cleaner is suitable for a wide range of non-acid sensitive stones and other hard surfaces, including, granite, slate, basalt, brick, glass, ceramic and porcelain tile, terracotta.
- Acidic cleaners are commonly used to clean paving & poured concrete surfaces. If using Acidic Cleaner on concrete or other cementitious surfaces, neutralize the surface as soon as possible after cleaning to minimize etching, with something alkaline, such as STAIN-PROOF Alkaline Cleaner, formerly known as Oxy-Klenza™, dissolved in water, then rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
- Effective for etching marble, limestone & other acid sensitive stones to achieve a 'honed' (matt) finish
- WARNING: Acidic Cleaner is acidic and will etch / damage acid sensitive stones such as marble, limestone, travertine, and onyx as well as concrete / grout products and uncoated aluminum. Read all the safety directions and precautions carefully before using.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.