About this Product
Lag-Kote Interior & Exterior Lagging Encapsulant creates a long-lasting, flexible barrier over asbestos containing materials, protecting you and your family against airborne asbestos fibers. Using a thick-bodied formula, this asbestos encapsulation sealant minimizes dripping, cleanup and product waste during application. It offers excellent adhesion over galvanized metal, wood, and masonry. Formulated with UV inhibitors Lag-Kote is an ideal option for exterior transite siding and asbestos fortified paint systems as well as spray-on fireproofing, plasters and insulation. Repair any damage to your surface and ensure it is clean before applying Lag-Kote with a brush, roller, or painter's mitt. Follow all directions on label for application. Packaged in a 5-gallon container.
Fiberlock Technologies was founded upon the simple promise of providing the highest quality product and the best possible service to its customers while conducting business with the utmost integrity. Founded on the core beliefs that superior quality, definitive science and enduring service are the keys to corporate success, Fiberlock has grown to become one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
- ASBESTOS LAGGING ENCAPSULANT: Create a long-lasting, flexible barrier over a variety of asbestos containing material (ACM) with Fiberock Lag-Kote II Interior & Exterior Lagging Encapsulant.
- THICK-BODIED FORMULA minimizes dripping, cleanup and product waste during application with an aesthetically pleasing, washable finish that provides years of protection.
- INTERIOR & EXTERIOR APPLICATIONS: Use Lag-Kote to encase asbestos-containing spray-on fireproofing, plasters, paints and thermal insulation. UV inhibitors make it ideal for encasing exterior transite siding and fortified paint systems.
- EASY TO APPLY: Correct any surface defects and clean before application. Use a brush, roller or painter's mitt to apply 1-2 coats of Lag-Kote to the desired film thickness. Follow all directions on label. Packaged in a 5-gallon container.
- FOR OVER 35 YEARS, Fiberlock Technologies has manufactured products used to address environmental, safety and health hazards, becoming one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
Lag-Kote is a white, 100% acrylic, high solids encapsulant/sealant specifically formulated for application over a variety of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM). Tested at Battelle Laboratories of Columbus, Ohio, under EPA Contract #08-03-2552-T2005, Lag-Kote was found to be acceptable as an asbestos encapsulant. Designed to encase spray-on fireproofing, asbestos-containing plasters and paints, transite, and asbestos-containing thermal insulation, Lag-Kote’s viscous formulation minimizes dripping, cleanup and product waste. Lag-Kote provides a smooth, washable, aesthetically superior finish that will provide years of lasting protection. Lag-Kote has excellent resistance to alkalis and can be applied directly over galvanized metal, wood, masonry or other sound surfaces. UV inhibitors make Lag-Kote suitable for encasement of exterior transite siding and asbestos fortified paint systems. Lag-Kote is water based.
- Water based
- 100% acrylic
- Ideal for use on thermal insulation
- Excellent resistance to alkalis
- UV and rust resistant
- EPA accepted encapsulant
SURFACE REPAIRS & CLEANING
Lagging that is torn, ruptured or delaminated should be repaired with:
- Patching Cement: Mix cement with water and cap all exposed ends and voids.
- Lag Kloth Water-Activated Repair Cloth: Lag Kloth should be dipped in water and applied to the asbestos containing material. Upon completion of repairs, prepare the surface for the application of Lag Kote. Thoroughly remove all dust and dirt that has accumulated on lagging or covering, use a vacuum with a HEPA filter specifically designed to capture hazardous dust and waste or wipe surfaces with a damp cloth. Do not air clean surfaces; this could increase asbestos exposure.
Apply Lag Kote with brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle
- Roller: Synthetic Fiber 3/8” nap or longer
- Spray Settings: Pressure: 2200-2700 P.S.I. Tips: .015 to .019 tips
Lag Kote may be diluted by adding up to 10% water. Prior to application, stir Lag Kote thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency. Lag Kote can be tinted to pastel colors.
Select a brush, roller or painter’s mitt for convenient application to the ACM. Apply 1-2 coats of Lag Kote to the desired film thickness. Minimum film thickness may vary with desired results and type of application.
- Smooth Surfaces: 125-175 sq. ft. per gallon (5 dry mils)
- Porous Surfaces: 75-100 sq. ft. per gallon (5 dry mils)
- DRYING TIME
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- To Touch – 1-2 hours
- Recoat – 8-16 hours
Tools and drippings should be cleaned with warm soapy water before coating dries. Follow equipment manufacturer’s directions to clean spray equipment. Dispose of all waste according to current local, state and federal regulations.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C). Approved respirators must be used to prevent inhalation of asbestos fibers that may be present in the air. Protective clothing should be worn. Careful consideration must be given to all EPA, OSHA, federal, state and local regulations in effect prior to the application of this product.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.