Fiberlock Lag-Kloth Insulation Repair Lagging
Fiberlock Lag-Kloth Insulation Repair Lagging
About this Product
Quickly repair or cover existing asbestos insulation and protect your family against the health hazards of airborne asbestos fibers with Fiberlock Lag-Kloth. Impregnated with a non-flammable, inorganic adhesive, this asbestos encapsulation fabric can withstand temperatures up to 600° F – making it perfect for use on pipes, boilers and breeching. Once dried, it can be coated with Lag-Kote, Lag-Kote II or SermiMastic for a complete encapsulation. Featuring a water-activated formula, Lag-Kloth is easy to apply. Simply cut to desired size, dip in water and apply by hand. Follow all directions on label.
Fiberlock Technologies was founded upon the simple promise of providing the highest quality product and the best possible service to its customers while conducting business with the utmost integrity. Founded on the core beliefs that superior quality, definitive science and enduring service are the keys to corporate success, Fiberlock has grown to become one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
- ASBESTOS CONTAINMENT FABRIC: Protect your family against the health hazards of airborne asbestos fibers with Fiberlock Lag-Kloth Water-Activated Repair Cloth.
- HEAT-RESISTANT REPAIR: The self-contained adhesive is non flammable and capable of withstanding temperatures up to 600° F. It's perfect for repairing or covering existing asbestos insulation on pipes, boilers and breeching.
- FOR BEST RESULTS, apply a top coat of Lag-Kote, Lag-Kote II or SerpiMastic for complete encapsulation of asbestos fibers.
- EASY TO APPLY: Correct any defects and ensure that the surface is clean before application. Cut Lag-Kloth to size, dip in water and apply by hand.
- FOR OVER 35 YEARS, Fiberlock Technologies has manufactured products used to address environmental, safety and health hazards, becoming one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
Lag-Kloth is a woven fabric impregnated with an inorganic adhesive, designed to repair and/or cover existing asbestos insulation on pipes, boilers and breeching. Areas that are repaired or re-covered with Lag-Kloth can be successfully top coated with Lag-Kote®, Lag-Kote II or SerpiMastic for complete encapsulation. The self-contained adhesive in Lag-Kloth is water activated and non-flammable. Lag-Kloth can withstand temperatures up to 600°F.
- MFG SKU: 6426-U
- Water activated, non-flammable
- Withstands temperatures up to 600°F
- Top coat with Lag Kote, Lag Kote II or SerpiMastic for complete encapsulation
- Available in three convenient sizes: 5’ x 15’ Blankets, 5’ x 150’ Rolls and 4” x 150’ Tape Strips
- Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Approved respirators must be used to prevent inhalation of asbestos fibers that may be present in the air.
- Protective clothing should be worn.
- Careful consideration should be given to all EPA, OSHA and state regulations in effect at the time of application of Lag Kloth.
Prior to application it is important to determine if the existing asbestos matrix is well adhered to the substrate. Correct any surface defects and clean all surfaces thoroughly. Be careful not to agitate asbestos fibers during preparation; this could increase asbestos exposure. Locate damaged asbestos containing thermal insulation. Thoroughly remove all dust and dirt that has accumulated on lagging or covering, using a vacuum with a HEPA filter specifically designed to capture hazardous dust and waste or wipe surfaces with a damp cloth. Do not air clean surfaces; this could increase asbestos exposure. Heavy rust should be scraped or wire brushed from all ferrous metal surfaces or hangers before vacuuming surrounding surfaces. Wetting exposed insulation with Fiberlock’s Penewet wetting agent will help suppress the release of asbestos fibers.
Cut Lag Kloth to appropriate size. Dip Lag Kloth in water and smooth out excess water (DO NOT WRING OUT). Shape Lag Kloth to specific area by hand and apply to surface. Overlap loose ends of Lag Kloth to ensure complete coverage. Allow Lag Kloth to dry before applying Lag Kote or Lag Kote II.
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- Hot insulation – 2-4 hours
- Cold insulation – 8-12 hours
Tools and drippings should be cleaned with warm soapy water before adhesive dries. Dispose of all waste according to current local, state and federal regulations.
- Count (per sq. in.) ± 10%: 18 x 14 Weight (oz./sq. yd.) ± 10%: 14.8 Thickness (in.) ± 10%: 0.024
- Breaking Strength (lb./in.): Warp: 100
- Fill: 45 Maximum Surface Temperature: 600°F
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C). Approved respirators must be used to prevent inhalation of asbestos fibers that may be present in the air. Protective clothing should be worn. Careful consideration should be given to all EPA, OSHA and state regulations in effect at the time of application of Lag Kloth.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.