About this Product
Provide your surfaces with a layer of protection against the growth of mold with Fiberlock IAQ 6040 Mold Resistant Coating. This white acrylic water based coating is formulated with a fungistatic agent that's been independently proven to inhibit the growth of mold. Specifically designed for new building materials, it's perfect for wood, OSB, wallboard, concrete and other structural surfaces. IAQ 6040 is easy to apply with a brush, roller or airless sprayer. Follow all directions on label for application. Packaged in a 5-gallon container.
Fiberlock Technologies was founded upon the simple promise of providing the highest quality product and the best possible service to its customers while conducting business with the utmost integrity. Founded on the core beliefs that superior quality, definitive science and enduring service are the keys to corporate success, Fiberlock has grown to become one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
- MOLD RESISTANT COATING: Containing an effective fungistatic agent, Fiberlock IAQ 6040 helps you provide your surfaces with a layer of protection against mold growth.
- DESIGNED FOR POROUS MATERIAL: This mold-resistant coating is designed for new construction materials like wood, OSB, wallboard, concrete and more.
- LONG-LASTING FINISH: IAQ 6040HD features a flexible, durable formula for long-lasting protection. High-build design allows for one-coat application.
- EASY TO APPLY: Ensure that your surface is clean and apply IAQ 6040 with a brush, roller or airless sprayer. Follow all directions on label.
- FOR OVER 35 YEARS, Fiberlock Technologies has manufactured products used to address environmental, safety and health hazards, becoming one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
IAQ 6040 is a low-viscosity, translucent violet, mold resistant sealant designed for use on new construction materials. This specially formulated, water based coating contains a fungistatic agent to resist mold growth on the dry coating surface. The low-viscosity 100% acrylic formula is easy to apply, and the translucent finish will not block the appearance of coated building materials. IAQ 6040 can be applied to wood, OSB, wallboard, concrete and other construction materials.
- 100% acrylic, water-based coating
- Highly permeable
- Class A fire rated
- MFG SKU: 8363-5
- Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Stir thoroughly. Do not mix with any other coatings, solvents or colors in oil.
- IAQ 6040 is resistant to the deteriorating action of mold and mildew.
- No claim is made for the preservative action other than to the coating film.
- The use of this product does not protect users or others against food-borne or disease-causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing organisms.
- Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50°F or when drying conditions are poor.
- Use adequate ventilation during application.
- When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved respirator with any R, P, N or HE filter.
- For interior use only.
Surfaces to be coated must be free of dust, mildew, mold, dirt, grease, loose paint, oil, glue size, calcimine, wax, soap and other surface contamination. Clean mold stained surfaces with IAQ Advanced Peroxide Cleaner, or use an EPA registered antimicrobial disinfectant cleaner such as IAQ 2000, IAQ 2500, ShockWave or ShockWave RTU.
Apply IAQ 6040 with airless spray equipment, brush or roller.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle
- Roller: Synthetic Fiber 3/8” nap or longer
- Spray Settings: Pressure: 1300-2000 P.S.I. Tips: .015 to .021 tips
IAQ 6040 is supplied ready to use, but can be thinned sparingly with water (up to ½ pint water per gallon) for proper application consistency if necessary. Apply one coat of IAQ 6040 generously and uniformly by airless spray or brush or roller to ensure that the finished surface is properly sealed. Two coats may be required on some porous surfaces.
- Smooth Surfaces- 400-450 sq. ft. per gallon
- Porous Surfaces- 200-300 sq. ft. per gallon
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- To Touch – 1-2 hours
- Recoat – 8-16 hours
Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water before IAQ 6040 dries. Dispose of all waste according to all existing local, state and federal regulations.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C). Stir thoroughly. Do not mix with any other coatings, solvents or colors in oil. IAQ 6040 is resistant to the deteriorating action of mold and mildew. No claim is made for the preservative action other than to the coating film. The use of this product does not protect users or others against food-borne or disease-causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing organisms. Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50°F or when drying conditions are poor. Use adequate ventilation during application. When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved respirator with any R, P, N or HE filter. For interior use only.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.