About this Product
Detailed SpecificationsA premium solvent-free odor primer/sealant and stain blocker designed to eliminate malodors on multiple surfaces and to block tough stains. FixALL Stain and Odor Barrier is water-based and does not contain flammable solvents, like alcohol, historically present in products that kill odors and stains.
General Surface Preparation
- Prior to applying FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier, it is critical that the substrate be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, dust, oil’s, grease, wax, and mold and mildew. We recommend Storm Mold and Mildew 69002 Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner, follow by Storm Mold and Mildew 69003 Disinfectant & Deodorizer.
- Patch all holes and surface imperfections prior to applying Stain and Odor Barrier. If gypsum board or Sheetrock® is damaged/torn, lightly scrape then sand, followed by a spot prime of F89000 Adhesium Primer or appropriate California, or FixAll oil/alkyd based primer. After the substrate is clean, dry and sound, apply FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier to encapsulate any residual odors that remain. Note: Problematic odors require more intense cleaning prior to application
- Apply FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier generously and uniformly by brush, roller, or airless spray.
- Apply one coat of FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier and ensure that the finished surface is properly sealed. Two coats may be required on some porous or heavily stained surfaces.
- Topcoat concrete floor applications when foot traffic or heavy storage is expected.
- FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier is tintable up to 2 oz. of universal liquid colorant per gallon.
- Can be directly applied to wallboard, Sheetrock®, wood, sub-flooring, particle board, sheathing, masonry and concrete. Ferrous metals may require a DTM primer to prevent flash rusting.
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HARDWOOD FLOOR APPLICATION.
A mixture of warm water and mild soap is the best cleaning solution for water-based paints. Prepare soapy water and pour into a clean container. Dip the paint brush into the mixture, working the soap through the brush bristles. Follow with a clear water rinse. Repeat the process if necessary. Always use a clean container with clean soapy water and follow with a clear water rinse. For stubborn water-based paints, try mineral spirits or lacquer thinner, followed by warm soapy water and a clear water rinse.
FixALL Stain and Odor Barrier is your final step to rid any property of smoke, pet and cooking odors, as well as residual stains caused by smoke, nicotine, grease and ink.
FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier is recommended for use on interior wall and trim surfaces such as: wallboard, Sheetrock®, wood, subflooring, particle board, sheathing, masonry and concrete. FixAll Stain and Odor Barrier blocks stains and left behind odors including: Common pet odors (urine), Cooking Odors, Nicotine staining and odor, Wood Burning heat stain and odor, and Water Stains.
- Blocks Pet and Smoke Odor
- Blocks Smoke & Water Stains
- Shellac-Free Alternative
- Quick Drying
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.