About this Product
IAQ 5000 is a white, quick drying, high performance 100% acrylic latex coating specifically designed to prime stained or water damaged surfaces. IAQ 5000 provides exceptional adhesion and stain blocking properties and may be used on interior or exterior surfaces to prevent most bleeding type stains, seal porous surfaces and provide adhesion to hard and glossy surfaces. IAQ 5000 also contains a fungistatic agent to resist mold growth on the dry coating surface. IAQ 5000 provides maximum breathability, adhesion, and holdout to prolong the life of the finish. IAQ 5000 is recommended for use on wallboard, plaster, sheetrock, masonry, wood, concrete, aluminum, and galvanized metal.
- Superior stain blocking
- 100% acrylic latex
- Quick drying
- Excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces
- MFG SKU: 8350-5
- Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F. (32°C).
- Stir thoroughly. Do not mix with any other coatings, solvents or colors in oil.
- The IAQ 5000 coating is resistant to mold only on the surface of the coating. No mold resistance claim is made other than to the coating itself.
- Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50°F, or when drying conditions are poor or when surfaces are above a 15% moisture level content.
- Use adequate ventilation during application.
- When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved with any R, P, N or HE filter.
- For interior use only.
Surfaces to be coated must be free of dust, mildew, mold, dirt, grease, loose paint, oil, glue size, calcimine, wax, soap and other surface contamination. Clean mold stained surfaces with IAQ Advanced Peroxide Cleaner, or use an EPA registered antimicrobial disinfectant cleaner such as IAQ 2000, IAQ 2500, ShockWave or ShockWave RTU. Fill nicks, holes and voids with appropriate patching material and sand smooth prior to priming.
Apply Fiberlock IAQ 5000 with brush, roller or airless sprayer.
- Brush: Nylon or polyester synthetic bristle
- Roller: Synthetic fiber 3/8” nap or longer
- Spray Settings: Pressure 2200 to 2800 P.S.I. Tip: .015 to .017
Material is supplied at application consistency but can be thinned sparingly with water if necessary to improve application characteristics. Apply with appropriate application equipment. Some stains may require two coats of IAQ 5000; if an active stain discolors the primer, apply an additional coat to a small area to see if the stain is “locked” into the primer.
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- To Touch – 30 minutes
- Recoat – 2 hours
- Smooth Surfaces: 400-500 sq. ft./gal.
- Porous Surfaces: 100-300 sq. ft./gal.
Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water before Fiberlock IAQ 5000 dries. Dispose of all waste according to all existing local, state and federal regulations.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F. (32°C). Stir thoroughly. Do not mix with any other coatings, solvents or colors in oil. The IAQ 5000 coating is resistant to mold only on the surface of the coating. No mold resistance claim is made other than to the coating itself. Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50°F, or when drying conditions are poor or when surfaces are above a 15% moisture level content. Use adequate ventilation during application. When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved with any R, P, N or HE filter. For interior use only.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.