About this Product
Seal and protect against microscopic, residual asbestos fibers after the removal of asbestos containing materials with Fiberlock Fiberset PM. Using a water-based, 100% acrylic resin formula, this asbestos sealer creates a flexible, long-lasting finish. It can also help to extend the life of airless spray equipment. Fiberset is class A fire rated and UL classified for use as a primer for fireproofing replacement materials – compatible with leading brands of flooring adhesives. Ensure surface is clean and apply with a professional airless sprayer. Follow all directions on label.
Fiberlock Technologies was founded upon the simple promise of providing the highest quality product and the best possible service to its customers while conducting business with the utmost integrity. Founded on the core beliefs that superior quality, definitive science and enduring service are the keys to corporate success, Fiberlock has grown to become one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
- POST-REMOVAL ASBESTOS SEALANT: Seal and protect against residual asbestos fibers after the removal of asbestos containing material (ACM) with Fiberlock Fiberset PM Post-Removal Surface Sealant.
- CLASS A FIRE RATED: This lockdown coating is UL classified for use as a primer for fireproofing replacement materials. It's also compatible with leading brands of flooring adhesives.
- LONG-LASTING FINISH: Fiberset provides a flexible finish for a long-lasting seal. Advanced 100% acrylic resin technology extends the life expectancy of airless spray equipment.
- EASY TO APPLY: Ensure surface is clean and apply Fiberset PM with a professional airless sprayer. Follow all directions on label.
- FOR OVER 35 YEARS, Fiberlock Technologies has manufactured products used to address environmental, safety and health hazards, becoming one of the most respected names in the abatement and remediation industry.
- UL classified
- Class A fire rated
- Available in white, blue or clear
- Ideal for use as a pull-down
- Compatible with many flooring adhesives
- Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Approved respirators must be used to prevent inhalation of asbestos fibers that may be present in the air.
- Protective clothing should be worn.
- Careful consideration must be given to all EPA, OSHA, federal, state and local regulations in effect prior to the application of this product.
Carefully clean up with a wet mop or HEPA vacuum.
Apply Fiberset PM with airless spray equipment. Use the settings below when applying Fiberset PM: Spray Settings: Pressure: 1700-3000 P.S.I. Tips: .015-.021
Stir Fiberset PM thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency. Fiberset PM is premixed; water-addition is not necessary. Minimum application temperature: 45°F. LOCKDOWN: Sealing microscopic residual fibers after asbestos removal is mandatory on every project. Prior to post-removal air monitoring, apply one coat to all exposed surfaces. Fiberset PM has been accepted as part of a UL Classified Fireproofing System for use with Retro-Guard® manufactured by W.R. Grace & Co., Conn. Coverage should not be less than 500 sq. ft. per gallon on smooth surfaces.
PULL DOWN BY MISTING:
Misting the contaminated air is an effective technique prior to post-removal air monitoring. To pull down free-floating asbestos fibers effectively, stand in the center of the room and hold the spray gun as close to the ceiling as possible. A mist should be sprayed parallel to the ceiling in every direction or in a circle. Apply one coat to the polyethylene sheeting on the walls and floor prior to dismantling containment.
Lockdown: Not less than 500 sq. ft. per gallon.
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- To Touch: 1-2 hours
- To Recoat: 1-2 hours
Tools and drippings should be cleaned with warm soapy water before coating dries. Follow equipment manufacturer’s directions to clean spray equipment. Dispose of all waste according to current local, state and federal regulations.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C). Approved respirators must be used to prevent inhalation of asbestos fibers that may be present in the air. Protective clothing should be worn. Careful consideration must be given to all EPA, OSHA, federal, state and local regulations in effect prior to the application of this product.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.