<100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes.
Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft. (2-25 sqm) depending on the porosity of the surface. Refer to the sealer application rates for more information
Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. Dispose of content / container in accordance with local regulation.
Combustible liquid. Harmful to aquatic life. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5-35°C (40 – 95°F). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Wear suitable solvent-resistant glove, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application. Avoid inhaling vapor or spray mist and ensure area is well ventilated. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
In case of fire: Use foam or dry chemical powder or carbon dioxide to extinguish. If swallowed: immediately give a glass of water. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If in eyes: wash out immediately with fresh running water. If you inhale vapors or mist: relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist contact a physician. Spillage: take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand or saw dust.
*A 5-Year PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when Color Enhancing Sealer is applied by an Accredited Applicator and surface is maintained reasonably, as outlined in our warranty document.
50% active content in alcohol
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to check results.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of residues.
- Generously apply Color Enhancing Sealer using low-pressure hand sprayer, clean brush or lamb’s wool applicator. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow for a minimum of 30 minutes for product to penetrate the surface then thoroughly polish off any excess product residue with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar.
- Leave the product to cure for at least 60 minutes, then repeat steps 3 and 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft (2-25 sqm) depending on surface absorption. A third coat may be required for premium stain protection on very porous surfaces.
- Avoid contact with moisture for a minimum of 8 hours after application. Full curing takes 4 weeks.
- Use an organic solvent for e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment.
Notes: Color Enhancing Sealer will not prevent etching from acidic liquids, or physical surface wear. The level of enhancement will vary dependent on the type of material being treated. It is advised to test on a sample piece before applying the product to your surface. Eventually, wear and tear and cleaning will affect the enhancement and sealing performance. Reapplication of the product will be needed. Once enhanced, the treated surface cannot be restored back to the original look.
Other Application Insights
- NOTE: COLOR ENHANCING SEALER WILL NOT BEGIN TO CURE UNTIL ALL EXCESS PRODUCT RESIDUES ARE THOROUGHLY POLISHED OFF THE SURFACE
Denser surfaces will have lots of excess to remove, and thorough removal is crucial.
- DO NOT APPLY COLOR ENHANCING SEALER TO SURFACES ALREADY TREATED WITH AN IMPREGNATOR because the result can be patchy and uneven.
- ACHIEVING EVEN COLOR ENHANCEMENT
In rare cases, the enhancement on some very porous materials will turn out patchy and uneven after the initial 2 coats. A light 3rd coat may be necessary. Buffing with a white pad will help push product into the surface and even out the application.
- TESTING COLOR ENHANCING SEALER
Color Enhancing Sealer will work reasonably well the day after application, but it takes 3 to 4 weeks for all of it to cure inside the treated material. It is important to allow 4 weeks of cure time before performing tests, so the sealer is fully cured and working optimally.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence
The enhancing effect of Color Enhancing Sealer is immediately visible. After 24 hours of curing the treated surface can get wet and will provide reasonable water and oil repellence, but to reach optimal oil and water repellence the Color Enhancing Sealer must cure fully which can take up to 3 weeks.
- Recommended tools to use to apply Color Enhancing Sealer
- Color Enhancing Sealer should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb's wool (sheepskin applicator or cloth so the sealer is spread evenly over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces.
- For rougher, more textured surfaces, use a pump sprayer. Be cautious as spray mists can cause unwanted darker speckles on surfaces of surrounding areas.
- Make sure to protect surrounding areas with a tarp, plastic, removable painters tape or other suitable material to avoid unwanted application on those areas. In the case of a mistake, immediately use acetone and rub the affected areas to remove the Color Enhancing Sealer .
- Applying Color Enhancing Sealer on vertical surfaces
On vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 3-4 light coats of Color Enhancing Sealer instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately10 minutes between coats). Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.