GENERAL SURFACE PREPARATION
- AllFlor must be applied to a properly prepared sound surface.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned of all dirt and dust.
- Dirty surfaces should be washed with a strong detergent solution, rinsed with clean water and allowed to dry overnight.
- Grease, oils and wax should be removed by solvent cleaning to insure proper adhesion of the finish paint.
- All old, loose, scaly or flaking paint must be removed back to a sound substrate before any repainting is attempted.
- New concrete should be allowed to cure a minimum of 30 days before applying any finish.
- Steel troweled, hard, glossy, smooth, and sealed concrete (curing agents or sealers) should be mechanically abraded or acid etched to create a profile to obtain proper adhesion.
- Water droplets should immediately penetrate concrete to determine if coating is possible. Note: To ensure proper surface preparation refer to SSPC-SP13/NACE
Material is supplied ready to use but can be thinned up to one pint per gallon with water for first coat on new surfaces or for spot - priming bare areas on old finishes. Finish coat should be applied full body. Do not paint when rain or dew is imminent.
A mixture of warm water and mild soap is the best cleaning solution for water-based paints. Prepare soapy water and pour into a clean container. Dip the paint brush into the mixture, working the soap through the brush bristles. Follow with a clear water rinse. Repeat the process if necessary. Always use a clean container with clean soapy water and follow with a clear water rinse. For stubborn water-based paints, try mineral spirits or lacquer thinner, followed by warm soapy water and a clear water rinse.
- Wood, Floors: 2 coats AllFlor Porch and Floor Enamel 530XX
- Concrete, Patios, Breezeways, Steps: 2 coats AllFlor Porch and Floor Enamel 530XX (thin first coat 10-20% with water)
- Walls: 2 coats AllFlor Porch and Floor Enamel 530XX
- Repaint: 1 or 2 coats AllFlor Porch and Floor Enamel 530X
Do not add solvents, oils or colors in oil, or mix with other paint types. Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50° F or when drying conditions are poor. Keep from freezing. Do not use on garage floors. Hot tires or the weight of a vehicle can cause loss of adhesion. Do not apply over water, glass or other silicate concrete hardeners. Not recommended on areas utilizing heavy duty lift trucks.
Refer to Safety Data Sheet for additional health and safety information.
Refer to Technical Data Pages for specific surface preparation, application, drying and further information.
*disclaimer: on-screen color representations may vary from actual paint colors.
This durable, easily applied acrylic low luster enamel is fortified with emulsified epoxy to provide maximum performance in a low gloss, water-based floor and trim finish. It incorporates maximum color retention, breathability, alkali, water and blister resistance and adhesion into its unique formulation. This is truly the standard for quality in waterborne floor enamels & opaque concrete sealers.
- Maximum abrasion resistance
- Outstanding Water Sensitivity
- Durable, fade resistant finish
- Provides uniform application
- Do not add solvents, oils or colors in oil, or mix with other paint types.
- Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50° F or when drying conditions are poor.
- Keep from freezing.
- Do not use on garage floors. Hot tires or the weight of a vehicle can cause loss of adhesion.
- Do not apply over water, glass or other silicate concrete hardeners.
- Not recommended on areas utilizing heavy duty lift trucks.
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not take internally.
- Close container after each use.