STAIN-PROOF Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer
STAIN-PROOF Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer
About this Product
STAIN-PROOF® Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer, formerly known as META CRÈME™, is the next generation of sealing technology, the ultimate breathable impregnating sealer for protecting natural stone, tiles, masonry, pavers, concrete, and grout. It represents world best practice in sealing.
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer Technology
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer starts working immediately on contact with the surface. Self-assembling components enter through the tiny capillaries present in all porous building materials to deeply connect on a microscopic level to the subsurface. The treatment becomes permanently part of the material itself, causing damaging liquids such as oil and water-borne salts to be repelled.
The total application rate is approximately one quart per 30 to 100 sq. feet (1 liter per three to 10 SQ M.) depending on absorption. Refer to the minimum Sealer Application Rates table for more information.
<100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes
Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Do not breathe mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wash thoroughly after using. Only use in a well ventilated area. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate, Avoid release to the environment. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN DO NOT induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If vapors breathed relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist, contact a physician.
*A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when the product is applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and the surface is cleaned regularly (as per our written warranty). Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize any opportunity for damage.
- Application instructions
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Surfaces to be treated must be dry, clean and free of residues, and surface temperature between 40 - 95°F ( 5 - 35°C).
- Generously coat the surface with Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer using a foam roller, brush, or similar. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Leave the product to penetrate for minimum 1 hour, then thoroughly polish with a clean dry cloth (or squeegee) to remove ALL excess product. Estimated application rate is 1 quart per 30 to 100 square feet (1 litre per 3 to 10 sq.m.), depending on surface absorption.
- Use fresh water to clean equipment.
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for a minimum of 12 hours after application.
- Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. To clean treated surfaces, use a neutral pH detergent in warm water and a soft cloth or mop.
- Next generation technology = the ultimate penetration and lifespan.
- Retains a natural color and finish of the surface.
- Easy, one coat application.
- Makes cleaning easier and dries quickly even after heavy rain to keeps surface looking new for longer.
- Breathable - water vapor escapes freely, helping to avoid harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Super oil and water repellency for superior stain protection.
- Super penetration creates large water and oil-repelling barrier, which provides protection against stains and many serious problems, including efflorescence, picture framing, spalling and freeze-thaw damage.
- Treated areas are food contact safe.
- Alkali resistant - won't break down in contact with cement-based materials.
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.).
- Will maintain a superior gloss level when used to treat highly polished surfaces.
- 15 YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY available when applied by a STAIN-PROOF Accredited Applicator.
- MFG SKU 180013
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer is ideal for indoor / outdoor use including:
- entertainment areas
- pool surrounds
- building facades
- public / commercial areas.
ADVANCED APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 4 weeks before undertaking testing.
Achieving optimum stain repellence
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 4 to 5 weeks! As more Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer bonds inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
Achieving maximum depth of penetration
The modified silane molecules are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. With 4 hours of dwell time and 4+ weeks of cure time, typical penetration into Kashmir white granite is 7 to 13 millimeters.
APPLYING ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES
For extra penetration Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer may be left to penetrate for up to 4 hours on smaller polished surfaces such as countertops.
APPLYING ON SMOOTH SURFACES
Once Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer has been left for at least one hour to penetrate a smooth (honed / polished / antiqued) surface, a squeegee can be used to speedily remove the bulk of the product residue. Then, the small amount of remaining excess product / residue can be easily polished off with dry absorbent cloths. If the Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer residue has begun to dry and cannot be polished off with a dry cloth, the cloth can be moistened with a small amount of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer to aid removal
APPLYING ON HIGHLY POROUS MATERIALS
Highly porous / absorbent surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should be pre-sealed before applying Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer. Newly laid floors should also be pre-sealed prior to grouting, so that the grout is easy to remove and does not cause stains. Once the grout is dry and all grout haze has been thoroughly removed, Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer can be applied over the tiles and grout.
APPLYING ON ROUGH SURFACES:
On rough surfaces, globules of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer may collect in gaps and pits. Use a paint brush to remove these globules and spread them out.
Refer to Safety Data Sheet for additional health and safety information.
Refer to Product Spec Sheet for additional application details and further information.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.