- Typical Applications
- Key Product Insights
- Product Benefits
- Usage Instructions
- Product Reviews
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer is ideal for indoor / outdoor use including:
- entertainment areas
- pool surrounds
- building facades
- public / commercial areas.
Key Product Insights
The total application rate is approximately one quart per 30 to 100 sq. feet (1 liter per three to 10 SQ M.) depending on absorption. Refer to the minimum Sealer Application Rates table for more information.
<100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes
Do not take internally. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid inhaling vapors. No smoking, keep away from sources of ignition. Wear latex gloves, protective clothing and safety goggles during application. Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. Avoid freezing.
If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If vapors breathed relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist, contact a physician.
*A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when the product is applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and the surface is cleaned regularly (as per our written warranty). Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize any opportunity for damage.
Approximately 50 percent active content in a hybrid micron particle sized water/non-water colloidal mixture. VOC content meets US EPA < 100 grams per Liter (Method 24, excluding water and exempt compounds). Fulfills LEED requirements (Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer will qualified for EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings 1 Point). Compliant with EU VOC Directives 2004/42/CE and 1999/13/EC and Environmental Protection Department Hong Kong SAR Government 2007 Regulations.
- Next generation technology = the ultimate penetration and lifespan.
- Retains a natural color and finish of the surface.
- Easy, one coat application.
- Makes cleaning easier and dries quickly even after heavy rain to keeps surface looking new for longer.
- Breathable - water vapor escapes freely, helping to avoid harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Super oil and water repellency for superior stain protection.
- Super penetration creates large water and oil-repelling barrier, which provides protection against stains and many serious problems, including efflorescence, picture framing, spalling and freeze-thaw damage.
- Treated areas are food contact safe.
- Alkali resistant - won't break down in contact with cement-based materials.
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.).
- Will maintain a superior gloss level when used to treat highly polished surfaces.
- 15 YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY available when applied by a STAIN-PROOF Accredited Applicator.
- MFG SKU 180013
- Application instructions
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Surfaces to be treated must be dry, clean and free of residues, and surface temperature between 40 - 95°F ( 5 - 35°C).
- Generously coat the surface with Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer using a foam roller, brush, or similar. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Leave the product to penetrate for minimum 1 hour, then thoroughly polish with a clean dry cloth (or squeegee) to remove ALL excess product. Estimated application rate is 1 quart per 30 to 100 square feet (1 litre per 3 to 10 sq.m.), depending on surface absorption.
- Use fresh water to clean equipment.
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for a minimum of 12 hours after application.
- Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. To clean treated surfaces, use a neutral pH detergent in warm water and a soft cloth or mop.
Other Application Insights
- TESTING WATERBORNE DENSE STONE SEALER
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 4 weeks before undertaking testing.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence
Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 4 to 5 weeks! As more Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer bonds inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
- Achieving maximum depth of penetration
The modified silane molecules in Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. With 4 hours of dwell time and 4+ weeks of cure time, typical penetration of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer into Kashmir white granite is 7 to 13 millimeters.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence
- APPLYING WATERBORNE DENSE STONE SEALER ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES
- For extra penetration Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer may be left to penetrate for up to 4 hours on smaller polished surfaces such as countertops.
- APPLYING Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer ON SMOOTH SURFACES
- Once Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer has been left for at least one hour to penetrate a smooth (honed / polished / antiqued) surface, a squeegee can be used to speedily remove the bulk of the product residue. Then, the small amount of remaining excess product / residue can be easily polished off with dry absorbent cloths. If the Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer residue has begun to dry and cannot be polished off with a dry cloth, the cloth can be moistened with a small amount of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer to aid removal.
- APPLYING Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer ON HIGHLY POROUS MATERIALS
- Highly porous / absorbent surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should be pre-sealed before applying Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer. Newly laid floors should also be pre-sealed prior to grouting, so that the grout is easy to remove and does not cause stains. Once the grout is dry and all grout haze has been thoroughly removed, Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer can be applied over the tiles and grout. A light sprayed coat of STAIN-PROOF® Waterbased Penetrating Sealer, formerly known as STAIN REPELLA™, makes a cost effective pre-sealer, and requires only 2-3 hours of drying time before applying grout or a coat of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer.
- APPLYING WATERBORNE DENSE STONE SEALER ON ROUGH SURFACES
- On rough surfaces, globules of Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer may collect in gaps and pits. Use a paint brush to remove these globules and spread them out.