- Typical Applications
- Key Product Insights
- Product Benefits
- Usage Instructions
- Product Reviews
Premium Impregnating Sealer is suitable for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications in residential and commercial buildings Including:
- building facades
- swimming pool surrounds
- entertaining areas
Key Product Insights
VOC compliant in container having capacities of one Liter or less.
Total application rate is approximately one litre per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption. The table of minimum application rate can be used for your reference. Premium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
Store locked up in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed and cool. Recycle wherever possible. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35ºC (40 - 95ºF). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Use positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate. Wear suitable solvent resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application.
*A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
50% active content in alcohol
- Premium water and oil repellence for superior stain protection: Rated Class 5 when tested in accordance with ISO 10545-14: Determination of Resistance to Stain
- Unique super-penetrating, permanent bonding technology for long lasting protection. 15 year written performance warranty can be provided if applied by a Stain-Proof Accredited Applicator*
- Protects against efflorescence, freeze-thaw and salt spalling damage. (NOTE: Softer materials, including limestone, sandstone and travertine in a freeze-thaw or salt water environment need extra protection - use Stain-Proof 40SK Consolidator and Water Repellent)
- Retains natural surface color and finish. Treated surfaces are easier to clean and dry quickly, even after heavy rain. Super breathable formula: Water vapor escapes freely, preventing harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Stands up to alkaline cleaners and pressure washing.
- MFG SKU 110513
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- When the surface becomes dry to the touch, or after a minimum of 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- After the final coat, wait approximately 10 minutes but before the surface dries, then polish the surface thoroughly with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar to remove excess product, moistening cloth with Premium Impregnating Sealer to ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
- Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. Premium Impregnating Sealer will make the maintenance and cleaning of a treated surface much easier. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
Other Application Insights
- TESTING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER
Premium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence.
Premium Impregnating Sealer’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 3 to 4 weeks! As more Premium Impregnating Sealer molecules bond inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
- Achieving maximum depth of penetration.
The modified silane molecules in Premium Impregnating Sealer are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. After 3 weeks of cure time, typical penetration of Premium Impregnating Sealer into Kashmir white granite is 8 to 13 millimeters.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence.
- APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES.
Premium Impregnating Sealer should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth, so the sealer is wiped over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces. Drying time between coats should be maximized – approximately 15 minutes.
- APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of Premium Impregnating Sealer, at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats. Apply sufficient product so the surface looks shiny / mirror wet for at least 3-5 seconds after each coat.
- APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON A NEW TILE INSTALLATION
On a new installation, apply a coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer prior to grouting. Then 24 hours after the first coat, apply the grout. After the grout dries (ideally 24 hours later), apply the second coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer. The first coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer will help reduce the chances of picture framing occuring and make grout haze easier to clean.
- APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON VERTICAL SURFACES
On vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 4 light coats of Premium Impregnating Sealer instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately 10 minutes between coats). Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.
- PROTECT SURROUNDING AREAS WHEN APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER
Cover surrounding areas which you do not wish to treat with Premium Impregnating Sealer. Use removable painter’s tape to cover the bottom of walls.