- Typical Applications
- Key Product Insights
- Product Benefits
- Usage Instructions
- Product Reviews
Waterbased Penetrating Sealer is suitable to use indoors and outdoors for a wide variety of locations, including:
- building facades
- swimming pool surrounds
- entertaining areas
Penetrating vs. Impregnating Sealers
Penetrating sealers are often referred to as ‘impregnating’ sealers, although their depth of penetration and impregnation of the material is limited. For a truly impregnating sealer, which provides unsurpassed penetration and permanently bonds to the treated material, click here for Waterborne Dense Stone Sealer, formerly known as META CREME™.
Key Product Insights
Waterbased Penetrating Sealer Technology
Waterbased Penetrating Sealer is a technological step forward, providing a superior level of protection for a competitive price:
- Deeper penetration = deeper barrier of protection
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer's sealing molecules are engineered to be much smaller for better penetration, even into dense materials, such as granite.
- Stronger bonding = longer lasting
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer's smaller molecules wedge themselves better into small nooks and crevices (stronger mechanical bonds).
- The hydrophylic atoms, which enable the molecules to adhere to the treated surface, are better arrayed for superior adhesion.
- These 2 factors also give Waterbased Penetrating Sealer a longer lifespan than common penetrating sealers.
- Superior stain protection
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer's deeper protective barrier stops water traveling right up to the surface where it might cause visible damage.
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer's liquid repelling atoms are also arrayed for maximum repellence, providing superior stain protection.
< 100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes
Total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption. The table of minimum application rate can be used for your reference. Premium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place.
- Do not take internally and Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35°C (40 - 95°F).
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water, and soil.
- Wear suitable gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and a mask during application.
- Avoid applying in windy conditions.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying.
If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. Immediately have 2 glasses of water. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If inhaled vapors or mist, relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist, contact a physician.
*A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
12% active content in water
- Easy single coat application
- Economical high-performance sealer
- Superior stain repellence
- Treated surfaces stay looking good and are easier to maintain
- Invisible – so that the original look of the treated surface is maintained
- Breathable – allows water vapor to escape, helping to prevent damaging moisture buildup inside the treated material
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- PFOA and PFOS-free
- MFG SKU 111532, 111512
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, dry, and free of residues.
- Generously and evenly saturate the surface with Water based Penetrating Sealer using a clean paintbrush, roller or lambswool applicator.
- Avoid contact with surrounding areas. Very absorbent surfaces may need a second coat. Apply a second coat while the first coat is still wet.
- Allow the sealer to penetrate for approximately 10 minutes, but before the sealer dries, thoroughly polish off all excess from the surface with clean, dry, white cloths/towels. When sealing a large area, work in smaller sections so the excess can be easily removed before it dries.
- Total application rate is approximately 1 quart per 40 to 120 SF. or 1 liter per 4 to 12 square meters depending on surface absorption (1 gallon per 160 to 480 SF. or 3.79 L per 16 to 48 sqm).
- Clean equipment with water.
Note: Water based Penetrating Sealer WILL NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear, and may lighten or darken some surfaces.
Other Application Insights
- TESTING Waterbased Penetrating Sealer. The product will reach full cure and should only be tested after 4 to 5 days cure time.
- There is a significant increase in stain repellence when the product is allowed to reach full cure.
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer is a highly modified fluorocarbon sealer – the molecules are approximately 3 to 4 times smaller than a typical fluorocarbon sealer, and free of cancer-causing PFOAs. This means you can have a higher percentage of active content without the sealer becoming visible, but it also takes 1 or 2 days longer to reach full cure than the standard 3 days for a fluorocarbon sealer.
- APPLYING Waterbased Penetrating Sealer ON POLISHED SURFACES.
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer must be applied to polished surfaces with a lambswool applicator, roller or paint brush, not a sprayer.
- Waterbased Penetrating Sealer tends to pool / bead quickly on polished surfaces, which means it does not have enough dwell time on the surface. To ensure longer contact with the polished surface: 1) Use your applicator / cloth / roller to wipe the sealer across the surface, 2) allow 3 or 4 minutes dwell time, then 3) spread it over the surfaces AGAIN and 4) allow a further 5 to 10 minutes of dwell time before polishing off all excess product.
- APPLYING WATERBASED PENETRATING SEALER TO HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES.
HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES, SUCH AS SANDSTONE AND THE MORE POROUS TYPES OF LIMESTONE MAY REQUIRE 2 COATS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO APPLY THE SECOND COAT WHILE THE FIRST COAT IS STILL A LITTLE DAMP. IF THE FIRST COAT HAS DRIED TOO MUCH, IT WILL START TO REPEL THE SECOND COAT AND PREVENT IT FROM PENETRATING AND ADHERING.